The purpose of the Kalaheo PTSA in common with those of the National PTA and the Hawaii PTSA are:
- To provide for the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical, and mental health, welfare, and safety of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth; and
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.