Military & Maritime Colleges
- Valley Forge Military Academy, Wayne, Pennsylvania
- New Mexico Military Institute, Roswell, New Mexico
- Marion Military Institute, Marion, Alabama
- Georgia Military College, Milledgeville, Georgia
- Virginia Military Institute (Lexington, Virginia four-year public college)
Public Senior Military Colleges Which Also Enroll Civilian Students
- North Georgia College and State University (Dahlonega, Georgia; four-year public university)
- Texas A&M University (College Station, Texas; four-year public university)
- The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina (Charleston, South Carolina; four-year public college)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Blacksburg, Virginia; four-year public university)
Students at these academies are organized as military academy cadets, and graduate with appropriate licenses from the U.S. Coast Guard and/or U.S. Merchant Marine, with an option to become commissioned reserve officers with the U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard, or the U.S. Marine Corps.
- California Maritime Academy
- Great Lakes Maritime Academy a division of Northwestern Michigan College
- State University of New York Maritime College
- Maine Maritime Academy
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Texas Maritime Academy, a division of Texas A&M University at Galveston
Senator Schatz has the honor and privilege of nominating exceptional students from the state of Hawai‘i for appointment to the U.S. Service Academies. An official nomination is required for admission to each of the Service Academies except the United States Coast Guard Academy.
Due to a competitive and thorough selection process, students are encouraged to begin their applications to their Congressional sponsors and Service Academies early. Applications are due before 6:00pm on Friday, October 15, 2021.
For more information or to apply, students should visit: www.schatz.senate.gov/
U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Information Night:
Please share this information session for those interested in the United States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), one of the five federal service academies that include West Point, Annapolis, Air Force, and Coast Guard academies. The admissions process and academic requirements are unique for service academies and this session is open to all high school students and college counselors.
Date: Sept. 28, 2021
Time: 6:30 p.m. ET
Who: All interested students and school counselors
What: Virtual question and answer session with some of our outstanding Midshipmen. This will be the perfect opportunity to learn about the admissions process and what it’s really like to attend USMMA.
To register for the session, please use the following link: https://zoom.us/meeting/
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Supporting Veterans and Military Families Through the Transition to College:
Join this online session for guidance on how to approach the college search as a veteran or military family. In addition to sharing strategies on college search and assembling a strong application, specifics will be shared on maximizing your benefits, searching for schools that support military connected families and transitioning to life on a college campus.
Nathan Ray, Assistant Director of Veteran Admission, Xavier University
Ed Devine, Western Regional Director of Admission, Xavier University