I am a teacher in the CTE and Science Departments and teach courses in the engineering pathway as well as marine and physical sciences. I have taught at Kalaheo High School since 2016. I am a certified Project Lead the Way teacher in Introduction to Engineering (Engineering 1), Principles of Engineering (Engineering 2) and Engineering Design and Development (IET Capstone). I have a degree in Marine Biology and am a certified secondary science teacher. I grew up on Hawai’i Island where my family still lives.
Courses I teach:
Engineering Technology 1, 2 and IET Capstone
- Engineering Technology 1, 2 and IET Capstone make up the Engineering Technology Pathway.
- These courses are based on Project Lead the Way curriculum and are designed to provide a solid background in the basic principles of engineering and the engineering design process.
- Marine Sciences is a science elective for students in 10th to 12th grade.
- Marine Science is the study of the vast marine environment that covers the majority of our planet. We will explore a number of topics associated with the ocean including; Oceanography, Zoology, Marine Ecology and Human Interactions.
- Physical Sciences is a science elective for students in 9th grade.
- Physical Science is the systematic study of the inorganic world. We will be focusing on chemistry and physics.
Infinate Campus is the best way to contact me.
I use Google Classroom as my learning management system.
Check out the photo albums on the right for photos of student work and projects!